Return to SmileyTech.net
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a Business Administration Minor
George Mason University (GMU), Fairfax, VA
May 2003, Major GPA: 3.0
C++, Visual Basic, JAVA, JSP, Servlets, HTML, ASP, SQL
Windows XP, 2000, NT 4, 9x, and ME; Linux; Unix; Solaris, DOS; Macintosh 9, OS X
BEA WebLogic Server 7, BEA WebLogic Portal 7, JRun 3, Apache 1.3
Office of FirstGov/Office of E-Gov Solutions, Washington, D.C.
IT Specialist, October 2002 - Present
Summer Intern June 2002 - October 2002
Computer Consultant, Dianne Sutton, Fairfax, VA
- Member of the Systems Review Board that provided feedback and handled prioritization of upcoming technology-based projects.
- Perform the entire software lifecycle on a multitude of J2EE applications.
- Create and execute testing plans to test new applications and code changes.
- Advise Federal Government Agencies on FirstGov search engine implementation.
- Advise, design, and develop new enhancements for the Office of Citizen Services Affiliates program (J2EE, JSP)
- Develop the enhancements and upgraded functionality of the FirstGov search engine user interface, which is used to execute over 240,000 queries a day. (JAVA, JSP, J2EE, HTML)
- Evaluate vendor demos and advised on technical viability of solutions.
- Designed and developed a prototype for FirstGov.gov using BEA WebLogic Portal 7 (Servlet, JAVA, J2EE)
- Designed an extensible feedback application that can be used by any government agency to give citizens answers to questions, either through email or by applying business rules and displaying self-help information. (JAVA, J2EE, JSP, Servlet, XML)
- Member of team that planned and implemented switch from the JRun application server to BEA WebLogic 7 application server.
- Member of team that planned and implemented a switch to a new hosting environment.
- Designed and developed the interface to retrieve XML results for the Federal Government search engine. (JAXP, JAVA, JSP, J2EE)
- Member of team developing a partnership with George Mason University and National Science Foundation Grant project. (XML, Web Services)
- Designed and developed the database driven Affiliate administration website that will be used by over 500 Affiliates. (J2EE, JAVA, EJB, JSP)
September 2000 - Present
Undergraduate Peer Assistant, Computer Science Department, GMU, Fairfax, VA
- Administer a business-wide Local Area Network.
- Troubleshoot computer problems.
March 1999 - Present
Sales Associate, Staples, Fairfax, VA
- Provide answers to students' questions about C++ and Microsoft Office 2000.
- Developed online quizzes using WebCT software and assist in proctoring of exams.
November 1997 - February 2003
- Provided exemplary service to customers looking for computers, fax machines, PDA's, and other electronic equipment.
- Handled sales transactions and balance register at end of shift.
- Attended training sessions on the latest hardware and software.
- Trained new associates in store policies and procedures.
PERSONAL COMPUTER EXPERIENCE
(Fall 2000) Worked as part of a team to develop requirements for part of an e-commerce package in UML
and then integrated the requirements with other groups' work.
|Object Orientated Programming:
(Fall 1999) Developed a Flight Control System using various ADTs and the STL in C++.
(2001) Developed "One Click" in Visual Basic, an application that allows one click access to a user's favorite programs
and built in utilities from the task bar.
(Spring 2002) Worked with a team to develop an OS emulator in Java that dynamically loads Java classes into virtual machine
threads that simulate the workings of an operating system kernel.
|Web Based Programming:
(Fall 2000) Developed a web-based message board using ADO and ASP scripting
(Fall 2001) Developed a basic information system for tracking alumni from the ISE department at GMU using
(Spring 2003) Developed a personal web site at www.smileytech.net
(Fall 2000) Developed a personal address book using Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, and ADO.
(Spring 2003) Developed a software database application using Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, and ADO
(Spring 2003) Developed a HTTP 1.0 http server that implemented the HTTP HEAD,GET requests,
as well as designed a new GETLIST request to retrieve a list of files.
Constructed my own personal computer.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Special Achievement Award for contributing to FirstGov.gov's winning of the
Innovations in Government Award, GSA, June 2003
- Dean's List, GMU, Spring 2002
- Distinguished Service Award, Staples, December 2002
- Outstanding Undergraduate Peer Mentor, GMU, 2002
- Nominated for Staples Regional All Star, August 2001
- Employee of the Month, Staples, September 1999, April 2001
- Completed Honors Program in General Education, GMU, 1999
- Volunteer, World Congress For Information Technology, GMU, 1998
- Awarded Eighth Place, Computer Concepts, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA),
National conference, Anaheim, CA, 1997; First Place, State conference, Fairfax, VA, 1997